MTC College Internship is in the planning stages for the Summer 2018 program year.
If you are interested in being notified of internship positions when they becomes available, complete our online Job Interest Card and select the 'Internship' category.
Internships at MTC provide students with the opportunity to gain professional work experience in transportation planning, finance and operational projects. Internships are all located in San Francisco, California, and are generally full-time from June through September (if available, internships may be extended on a part-time basis through December).
The internship may be in the following sections: Legislation and Public Affairs, Planning, Programming and Allocations, Traveler Coordination and Information, Highway and Arterial Operations, and Bridge Oversight and Operations.
To qualify for an MTC internship, students must be enrolled at least part-time in a four-year undergraduate or graduate level curriculum. Individuals who have already graduated may be considered up to six (6) months post-graduation. MTC prefers students in the fields of: Transportation Planning, Transportation Engineering, City and Regional Planning, Public Policy, Public Administration, Urban Studies, and Public Finance. Other closely related fields will be considered.
For more information, contact us at InternCoordinator@bayareametro.gov or 415-778-5207.
The qualifications for all MTC internships, unless otherwise noted, include:
- Ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, ability to work effectively with a variety of people, and will have an energetic attitude and be self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and must be detail-oriented.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel. Some positions require advanced skills in Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent research and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written presentations.
- Ability to gather, organize and interpret data.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission is an affirmative action employer. MTC provides all employees and applicants with an equal opportunity in every aspect of the employment experience regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical handicap, medical condition, or marital status. This policy is implemented through an ongoing affirmative action program to ensure maximum opportunity to participate in the Commission’s program.