In order to be eligible to participate in MTC’s high school summer internship program, students must meet certain criteria. Listed below is information about the eligibility requirements and program information for students and mentors.
- live and go to school in the county the student is applying for;
- have completed the 10th, 11th or 12th grade by summer 2019 (graduating seniors are eligible to apply);
- be at least 16 years of age by date of hire – Tuesday, June 18, 2019;
- be able to attend the Intern Orientation in San Francisco on June 18, 2019;
- be available for the entire duration of the 8-10 week program; and
- be able to participate in an in-person or telephone interview.
NOTE: A work permit will be required IF you are offered an internship, are under 18 years of age AND will not be graduating prior to the start of the program.
- Program Brochure
- Program Brochure – Spanish Version
- Program Flyer
- Program Flyer – Spanish Version
- Examples of Typical Assignments
- High School Interns Get a Taste of Transportation
- HS Internship Final Presentations
- Online Intern Request Form
- Letter to Agencies
- Program Details and Schedule Requirements
- Intern Sponsorship Information & Estimated Cost
- Sample Internship Descriptions
- HS Internship Mentor Orientation Webinar Information:
For more information, contact us at:
InternCoordinator@bayareametro.gov or 415-778-5207.
Positions will be available in the following nine Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma. If you are interested in being notified of internship positions when they become available, complete our online Job Interest Card and select the 'Internship' category.