A 2017 Memorandum of Understanding between MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments obliged the agencies to begin discussions by July 2019 on whether the MTC and ABAG should restructure their governing boards to better serve the region and to make better use of the agencies’ consolidated staff.
MTC and the ABAG Executive Board established the Joint ABAG-MTC Governance Committee to conduct these discussions. The Committee, comprised of six MTC Commissioners and six ABAG Executive Board members, held its first meeting in July 2019.
Appointed by ABAG Executive Board
- David Rabbitt, ABAG President and Sonoma Co. Supervisor
- Jesse Arreguin, ABAG Vice President and Berkeley Mayor
- Cindy Chavez, Santa Clara Co. Supervisor
- Julie Pierce, Clayton City Councilmember
- Dennis Rodoni, Marin Co. Supervisor
- Warren Slocum, San Mateo Co. Supervisor
Appointed by MTC
- Scott Haggerty, MTC Chair and Alameda Co. Supervisor
- Alfredo Pedroza, MTC Vice Chair and Napa Co. Supervisor
- Dave Cortese, Santa Clara Co. Supervisor
- Nick Josefowitz, WETA Board Member and San Francisco Mayor’s Appointee to MTC
- Jim Spering, Solano Co. Supervisor
- Amy Worth, Orinda City Councilmember