MTC consults with the Air Quality Conformity Task Force to determine if transportation projects or investment plans comply with state or federal air quality regulations.
The Task Force typically meets on the fourth Thursday of each month. It includes representatives from MTC and the following organizations:
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District - BAAQMD
- Association of Bay Area Governments - ABAG
- California Air Resources Board
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
This group also includes local governments, Bay Area transit agencies and county congestion management agencies.
For assistance, please contact Megan Espiritu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal law requires that our transportation activities will not cause new air quality violations, worsen existing violations, or delay timely attainment of national air quality standards.
Explore how we fare when it comes to maintaining clean air. Visit our Vital Signs website and get current data.