The Bay Area Regional Prosperity Plan is an effort led by MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments to address key issues identified during the original Plan Bay Area development.
- Economic mobility and opportunities for low- and middle-income workers
- Availability of affordable housing near transit
- Potential displacement of residents in some gentrifying neighborhoods
The Regional Prosperity Plan Steering Committee oversees development of the Bay Area Regional Prosperity Plan.
The steering committee includes MTC commissioners, ABAG board members, and representatives from community-based organizations, nonprofit organizations and others.
For assistance, please contact Megan Magill, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Regional Prosperity Plan includes three main areas of focus:
- Economic Prosperity Initiative
- Housing Initiative
- Equity Initiative
An Economic Prosperity Strategy developed in conjunction with the Bay Area Regional Prosperity Plan identifies three main goals:
- Strengthen career pathways to middle-class jobs
- Grow the economy with a focus on middle-wage work
- Improve conditions for workers in lower-wage jobs