Use Clipper® on Your Phone
Using Clipper® on your mobile device is fast and easy – and you avoid the $3 fee for new plastic Clipper cards. Follow these steps for Apple and Android phones, and you’ll be hopping on transit in no time!
For Apple devices:
Apple Pay requires iPhone 8/Apple Watch Series 3 or later.
- Open the Wallet app and press the “+” icon
- Select Transit Card and choose “Clipper card” from the list
- Add funds and you’re ready to go!
For Android devices:
Open the Google Wallet app and choose the “+” button
- Select the Transit option and then create a Clipper card
- Choose “add money” and select payment method and amount to be added
- Confirm the payment info, hit purchase and you’re ready to go!
So easy to use:
Once you’ve set up Apple Pay or Google Pay, you’re all set to use your device to “tag on” to pay for your transit fares.
Open the app, tag and go.
- Just activate Apple Pay or Google Pay when you are ready to “tag on” (or “tag off”).
- Hold your device near the Clipper card reader. The reader will beep when you have successfully paid.
“Tagging off” and transfers:
- Just repeat the process to “tag off” or if you need to transfer to a different vehicle.
- Activate Apple Pay or Google Pay and hold your device near the Clipper card reader.