MTC is a strong advocate in Washington, D.C., for the Bay Area’s transportation needs.
We also are a national leader in strengthening metropolitan planning organizations’ role in federal transportation policy.
Federal policy decisions have a big influence on our region’s transportation network. Our federal advocacy program is focused on:
MTC teams with many organizations to advocate for federal support of urban transportation. These include:
- American Public Transportation Association
- Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Coalition for America’s Gateways and Trade Corridors
- National League of Cities
- Transportation for America
- U.S. Conference of Mayors
Find it hard to stay on top of what’s going on in Washington? You’re not alone! Fortunately, there are a number of free online resources that make it easier, including: