The Bay Area’s population and urban neighborhoods are growing – and our regional transit network must expand to keep up with this growth.
How can we best expand our network while still maintaining and operating the trains, buses, ferries, tracks, stations and other assets we already have?
MTC is meeting the challenge, and has been for years.
The Regional Transit Expansion Program – or Resolution 3434 – identifies the top priorities for new Bay Area transit projects.
And it helps our region compete with other metro areas for state and federal funding.
Current transit expansion projects include:
- AC Transit Oakland-San Leandro Bus Rapid Transit
- BART to Warm Springs/Milpitas/San Jose
- e-BART extension in East Contra Costa County
- San Francisco Muni Central Subway
- Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit
- San Francisco Transbay Transit Center
Search our digital library and use keyword “3434” for additional planning information.
Get current data on Bay Area’s buses, trains, ferries, light rail, cable cars and streetcars. Visit our interactive website, Vital Signs.
Among the many Resolution 3434 projects now in service are:
- BART-Oakland Airport Connector
- Caltrain Baby Bullet
- Capitol Corridor and ACE Service Expansions
- San Francisco Bay Ferry Service Expansion
- Regional Express Bus