The Technology Transfer Program offers free, half-day seminars on a variety of topics of interest to local traffic engineers, planners, students, etc. The Tech Transfer seminars include technical presentations by topic experts as well as presentations from local engineers on recent projects in the Bay Area. The topics for these seminars are selected/voted at the Arterial Operations Committee (AOC) bi-monthly meetings.
MTC typically organizes about two to three seminars in a calendar year as a part of this program. Any particular topics of interest for future seminars can be emailed to the MTC Arterial Operations Program Manager for consideration.
Links to the most recent presentations handouts from Technology Transfer seminars can be found in the tab on this page. Presentations can also be found by searching with the key word "tech transfer" in the Digital Library.
Active Traffic Management (ATM) Strategies for Arterials (9/30/15)
- I. State of the Practice: Active Traffic Management for Arterials
- II. Bicycle Detection and Differentiation at Signalized Intersections
- III. Sensors and Safety Measures for Pedestrians in Crosswalks
- IV. Adaptive Signal Control – How Does It Work?
- V. SFpark: Circle Less, Live More
- VI. I-80 ICM: I Got Off the Freeway, Now What?