MTC has partnered with TransForm to pilot a site-specific suite of mobility services for residents of three affordable housing communities, with funding from the California Air Resources Board.
TransForm is a nonprofit working on climate change and social equity through transportation solutions. Read details about the organization and the CARB Mobility Hub pilot program.
Primary goals of the project include:
- Increasing mobility for low-income residents to access economic opportunity, medical facilities, schools, parks, grocery stores and other daily needs
- Reducing private vehicle ownership and transportation costs for residents
- Reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from a combination of reduced vehicle trips and the use of electric vehicles
- Improving health through the promotion of active lifestyles and lower criteria pollutants
- Informing cities and developers of best practices for right-sized parking and other mobility options for affordable housing developments