MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments are now accepting submissions to Art on the Horizon: Youth Confronting Climate Change, the agencies’ first art contest for youth.
As part of the Horizon initiative, the Art on the Horizon contest asks the question: What can you do to stop climate change? MTC and ABAG are looking for digital art submissions that demonstrate what you, your family, friends and community can do to combat climate change. Submissions are due by March 22, 2019.
- Video or photography only
- Artwork must address the contest theme (how you can help combat climate change).
- Artwork cannot include identifiable persons.
- Artwork must be submitted via this online form by March 22, 2019.
- Participants must be Bay Area residents between the ages of 13 and 23.
- Submissions will be judged in two categories, based on age group (13-17 years old, and 18-23 years old).
- If participants are under the age of 18, they must submit a parental consent form. Participants must include this form in order to have a complete entry. If a parental consent form is required and not included, that entry will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified.
- Winners will be announced at an event at UC Berkeley on April 25, 2019. Participants do not need to be present at the event to win, but in order to receive the prize, participants will need to provide proof of age and residence.
Judging Criteria and Prizes
Winners will be selected by a jury representing MTC, ABAG and art professionals. Winners will be announced at an event at UC Berkeley on April 25, 2019, as well as via the MTC social media channels. Winning submissions will be shown at the event and may be used in future promotions.
Judges will be looking for original work as it related to the contest theme: What can you (your family, friends and community) do to stop climate change?
|Address the theme||50%|
|Quality and technique||25%|
|First prize (for each age category)||$500|
|Second prize (for each age category)||$250|
|Third prize (for each age category)||$125|
|Honorable mention(s) (judge's discretion)||$100 (each)|
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call Raquel Trinidad, Public Information Officer, at (415) 778-5333.