MTC's Transportation Awards recognize people and organizations who have made extraordinary contributions to the way people get around in the Bay Area each day.
For over three decades, MTC has honored day-to-day and long-term efforts to improving transportation in our region.
MTC typically honors:
- Transportation employees who excel at their jobs and go above the call of duty, or have shown long-term, steadfast leadership in their profession.
- Innovative activities that promote more efficient use of the transportation network.
- Citizens or organizations who have made significant efforts to inform and educate the public about transportation issues.
- Successful efforts to improve transit service and encourage the use of alternatives to driving alone.
- A person or organization whose efforts have resulted in significant improvement in transportation services for the elderly or people with disabilities.
- Extraordinary accomplishments in the field of community service, volunteerism, advocacy, leadership or minority affairs.
We typically invite award nominations in the spring of even-numbered years; and present the awards at a ceremony christened Excellence in Motion in the fall of these years.
Winners are selected by a jury representing MTC and members of the public.
See the list of the winners of the 2016 Excellence in Motion Awards and details about the awards ceremony by clicking on the link.
MTC's YouTube channel includes an overview of the 2014 Excellence in Motion award presentation as well as in-depth profiles of individual honorees.