Do you know a college or graduate student looking for a paid internship in the Bay Area this summer? Are they interested in work that is intimately connected to the nine-county Bay Area’s transportation system, housing, jobs, environment and economy? Well, look no further — MTC is offering paid college internships in San Francisco starting as early as June 2018.
Landing an internship with MTC is one of the best ways for students to get a foot in the door in the fields of transportation, planning, public policy or public finance. MTC interns work on projects that provide valuable hands-on experience and will give them an opportunity to learn from experienced professionals. Interns will have the opportunity to use the knowledge they have gained in the classroom and see how their studies translate into a professional setting.
This year, MTC has 10-12 college internship positions available. Depending on their interest, skills and education, interns may gain professional work experience in:
- the planning, implementation and operation of Bay Area tolling and fare payment systems;
- analysis of state and federal legislation;
- public engagement and communications;
- regional planning, travel modeling, and data and policy analysis;
- operation and safety of toll bridges, freeways, arterials and transit systems;
- transportation financing;
- implementation of the San Francisco Estuary Partnership’s Estuary Blueprint; and
- computer operations and engineering, information systems management, and data analytics.
To be considered for the MTC college internship program, students must be enrolled at least part-time in a four-year undergraduate or graduate level program. Individuals who already have graduated (no earlier than December 2017) may be considered up to six months post-graduation.
The college internship positions are open until filled, so applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, visit the college internship program’s jobs listing. Have questions? Contact MTC’s internship coordinator via email at InternCoordinator@bayareametro.gov or by phone at 415-778-5207.