How to Provide Public Comment in a Board Meeting
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, MTC Brown Act meetings are currently being conducted via Zoom. Meetings of the full Metropolitan Transportation Commission will also have an in-person option available. Meeting location/hybrid meeting option will be indicated with the meeting details and the agenda.
Members of the public may participate in MTC public meetings by phone or Zoom, or may submit comments by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting date.
Please include the committee or board meeting name and agenda item number in the subject line. There may be limited opportunities to address comments during the meeting. All comments received will be submitted into the record.
Watch or Listen to Meetings
Watch meetings or listen in via the real time web broadcast available through the Meetings and Events web page.
Participate in Meetings
To participate in live meetings, join by Zoom telephone or video conference:
- Visit the Meetings and Events web page.
- In the Upcoming tab, click on the name of the meeting.
- Then you will find the details to participate in the meeting via Zoom. Meeting agendas also have Zoom information on the first page. Hybrid meetings will be indicated on the meeting agenda.
How to Provide Public Comment in a Board Meeting via Zoom
Important note: Please install any Zoom updates prior to joining the meeting, to ensure that your system is up-to-date with the latest security patches.
How to Join a Meeting Online
- Click the Zoom link for the meeting you wish to join. Meeting information can be found at Meetings & Events. Make sure to use a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers, including Internet Explorer.
- Enter an email address and your name. If you do not wish to enter your name, you may enter another identifier, which will be used to notify you when it is your turn to speak. Your name or other identifier will be visible online while you are speaking.
- When the Committee Chair calls for the item on which you wish to speak, click on “raise hand.” Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak. Mute all other audio before speaking. Using multiple devices can cause an audio feedback.
- When called upon, unmute yourself or dial *6. Please limit your remarks to two minutes. After the comment has been given, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
Note: Members of the public will not be shown on video.
How to Join a Meeting by Phone
- Call the Zoom phone number and enter the webinar ID for the meeting you wish to join.
- Meeting information can be found at Meetings & Events.
- When the Committee Chair calls for the item on which you wish to speak, press *9 to raise a hand. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak. Speakers will be called by the last four digits of their phone number. Please note that phone numbers in their entirety will be visible online while speakers are speaking.
- When called upon, please limit your remarks to two minutes. After the comment has been given, the speaker’s phone will be muted.