Federal Performance Targets
Federal law requires MTC to set performance targets for transportation goals such as reducing traffic fatalities and improving highway infrastructure.
As the region’s metropolitan planning organization, MTC is responsible for setting short-range performance targets to comply with federal law and support national transportation goals.
Target areas include:
- Infrastructure Condition
- System Reliability
- Freight Movement and Economic Vitality
- Congestion Reduction
- Environmental Sustainability
At present, MTC has set targets for 21 of 28 performance measures. Targets for the final seven performance measures will be set for the first time in 2021.
Federal performance targets:
- Ensure wise investment of federal transportation funds
- Increase accountability and transparency in the region
- Establish performance-based planning and programming decisions
Raleigh McCoy, Regional Planning Program
Phone: (415) 778-6742