The Strategic Growth Council recently announced awards for the first round of the Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities Program, which is funded through Cap and Trade auction proceeds. Overall, 28 projects were awarded funds totaling $122 million. The Bay Area had 11 projects selected for awards totaling $47 million (read the press release). The AHSC program is poised for a major expansion in the second round, with a funding availability of $400 million statewide.
MTC and ABAG are convening a Bay Area forum on the AHSC program for city and county planning directors and Bay Area Partnership Technical Advisory Committee (PTAC) members. The workshop is designed to:
- Assist public sector staff in deepening their awareness of the AHSC program and how it can benefit local work
- Debrief round one of the AHSC program
- Discuss coordination between city staff, transit agencies/operators, developers and regional organizations in order to submit competitive proposals
- Discuss desired program improvements and guideline changes for future AHSC rounds
- Provide preliminary information for round two.
- Welcome – Doug Johnson, MTC, and Mark Shorett, ABAG
- Introduction of Key Technical Assistance Providers
- AHSC Overview
- Presentation From Strategic Growth Council Staff
- City, Transit and Developer Panel
- Guided Q&A and Feedback on Programs and Regulations
- Close and Wrap-Up
Attendance is free. RSVP to Craig Bosman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
101 8th Street, Oakland