Bike Month Kicks Off Next Month
The month of May 2022 – known as Bike to Wherever Days – is the perfect opportunity to take your bike for a spin!
The highlight of bike month will be the annual Bike to Work Day (sponsored by MTC), this year on Friday, May 20, 2022. There will be lots of organized events and activities throughout the Bay Area, and bayareabiketowork.com is your best source to find out what’s happening near you.
The 2022 Bike Champions of the Year have not yet been announced, but you can read about the 2021 winners.
For students, teachers and school staff, National Bike and Roll to School Day is coming up on May 4, 2022. MTC supports Bay Area Safe Routes to School, including local Bike and Roll to School Day initiatives.
Check out these tips to get ready for Bike to Wherever Days:
- Get inspired to ride with these 101 Benefits of Cycling
- Read the Rules of the Road from the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- Use the 511 Regional Bike Mapper tool to plan your route
- Learn how to take your bike on transit
- Enjoy car-free bike paths along the San Francisco Bay Trail
Learn more about how MTC works with local partners throughout the region to put on a successful celebration of biking each year. See you on the road!