OAKLAND, CA — The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) this spring are holding a series of nine open houses across the Bay Area, and invite residents to help craft Plan Bay Area 2040, the long-range regional transportation and land-use strategy slated for adoption in the summer of 2017. The agencies seek residents’ help in prioritizing transportation investments and evaluating various scenarios developed by MTC and ABAG staff for how the Bay Area may look in 2040.
Each open house will feature multiple stations at which participants will be able to view displays and offer comments on ways to maintain the Bay Area’s transportation networks; accommodate projected population growth; preserve open space; meet state mandates for reducing greenhouse gas emissions from cars and light trucks; improve public health; and achieve other regional goals. Dates, times and locations for the open houses include:
- Alameda County: Thursday, June 2; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; MetroCenter Auditorium, 101 8th Street, Oakland
- Contra Costa County: Thursday, May 26; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; East Bay Center for the Performing Arts, 339 11th Street, Richmond
- Marin County: Saturday, June 4; 8:30 a.m. to 1p.m.; Corte Madera Community Center, 498 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera
- Napa County: Thursday, June 9; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Elks Lodge, 2840 Soscol Avenue, Napa
- San Francisco County: Tuesday, June 14; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market Street, San Francisco
- San Mateo County: Wednesday, June 1; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; City of Burlingame Recreation Center Auditorium, 850 Burlingame Avenue, Burlingame
- Santa Clara County: Thursday, May 26; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; The Tech Museum, 201 S. Market Street, San Jose
- Solano County: Monday, June 13; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Solano County Events Center, 601 Texas Street, Fairfield
- Sonoma County: Monday, June 13; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Luther Burbank Center for the Arts —Grand Lobby, 50 Mark West Springs Road, Santa Rosa
More information about the Plan Bay Area 2040 open houses is available online at http://planbayarea.org. Interested residents also may call MTC at (415) 778-6757 until May 19 or beginning May 23 at (415) 778-6757.
MTC is the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area’s transportation planning, coordinating and financing agency. Founded in 1961, ABAG is the regional planning agency for the 101 cities and towns, and nine counties of the Bay Area.