Benefits & Compensation
MTC’s benefits and compensation package is one of the best in California.
Learn more about the robust benefits, professional development opportunities and beautiful office that make it a pleasure to work for MTC.
Below are salary schedules for all MTC employees:
- Salary Schedules: CSR & Confidential Staff
- Salary Schedule: Specific Executive Staff
- Salary Schedule: Executive Director & General Counsel
- Hybrid Work Policy
- Flexible Work Schedules, Alternative Work Arrangements & Overtime Policy
- Covid Vaccination Policy & Illness and Injury Prevention Plan
MTC employees enjoy the following benefits:
- A robust slate of healthcare options (medical, dental and vision) for staff and dependents
- CalPERS Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) pension
- Optional employee-paid payroll savings plans (tax-deferred compensation plans)
- Twelve paid holidays, plus vacation, sick and personal business leave
- Pre-tax FSA and dependent care accounts
- Monthly transit/parking subsidy
- Agency-paid Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Optional supplemental life insurance
- Committee for Staff Representation to negotiate agency benefits
Many employees work a regular flex schedule, and MTC’s management encourages staff members to take advantage of available time off to get out and enjoy the amazing area in which we live.
There are frequent social opportunities at the office, including a social justice book/movie club, happy hours, benefits fairs — even an inter-departmental bocce league. Real friendships are formed: We are more than just colleagues at MTC.
Professional Development Opportunities
Each department is allotted an annual budget for staff to pursue professional development and educational opportunities. Staff has access to professional conferences, workshops held by MTC and our partner organizations, and everyday access to tools like LinkedIn Learning. We’re a curious bunch, and a focus on learning is a key part of MTC’s culture.
The Bay Area Metro Center in San Francisco’s East Cut (Rincon Hill) neighborhood is close to public transit and features an airy central atrium, miniature gardens, and an outdoor terrace with a view of the Bay Bridge.
Stocked coffee bars. Secure bicycle parking. Yoga and exercise space. Lockers and showers. The Metro Center is also a gathering place for public events — and includes an auditorium, a boardroom and a library.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission is an equal-opportunity, non-discriminatory employer. MTC provides all employees and applicants with an equal opportunity in every aspect of the employment experience regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical handicap, medical condition or marital status.