For the summer of 2021, MTC’s college internship program was transformed to a virtual 8-week program called the MTC Pathway to Government College Mentorship Program.
MTC Pathway to Government College Mentorship Program
The MTC Pathway to Government College Mentorship Program is providing students/mentees with a paid opportunity to gain professional work experience in transportation planning, finance and operational projects.
Mentees have been provided with a dedicated mentor throughout the program — the mentor will help develop and guide students in their overall career interests. We hope that participants will be inspired by their mentor and work team to consider government agency work as a career choice in the future.
The qualifications for all MTC internships, unless otherwise noted, include:
- The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, the ability to work effectively with a variety of people, will have an energetic attitude and be self-motivated
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, and must be detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written presentations
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel. Some positions require advanced skills in Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent research and documentation skills
- Ability to gather, organize and interpret data
Phone: (415) 778-5207
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission is an equal-opportunity, non-discriminatory employer. MTC provides all employees and applicants with an equal opportunity in every aspect of the employment experience regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical handicap, medical condition or marital status.