How to Provide Public Comment in a Board Meeting via Zoom
During the Covid-19 crisis, MTC Board Meetings will be held online. This page has instructions for how to provide public comment in a Board Meeting via Zoom software.
Important note: Please install any Zoom updates prior to joining the meeting, to ensure that your system is up-to-date with the latest security patches.
How to Join a Meeting Online
- Click the Zoom link for the meeting you wish to join. Meeting information can be found at Meetings & Events. Make sure to use a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers, including Internet Explorer.
- Enter an email address and your name. If you do not wish to enter your name, you may enter another identifier, which will be used to notify you when it is your turn to speak. Your name or other identifier will be visible online while you are speaking.
- When the Committee Chair calls for the item on which you wish to speak, click on “raise hand.” Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak. Mute all other audio before speaking. Using multiple devices can cause an audio feedback.
- When called upon, unmute yourself or dial *6. Please limit your remarks to two minutes. After the comment has been given, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
Note: Members of the public will not be shown on video.
How to Join a Meeting by Phone
- Call the Zoom phone number and enter the webinar ID for the meeting you wish to join.
- Meeting information can be found at Meetings & Events.
- When the Committee Chair calls for the item on which you wish to speak, press *9 to raise a hand. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak. Speakers will be called by the last four digits of their phone number. Please note that phone numbers in their entirety will be visible online while speakers are speaking.
- When called upon, please limit your remarks to two minutes. After the comment has been given, the speaker’s phone will be muted.