Vital Signs is an interactive website by MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) that offers data, visual representations of that data and written explanations about important trends in the Bay Area.
Vital Signs monitors the Bay Area’s performance on a range of measures to better understand where the region is succeeding and where it is falling short.
The Vital Signs website helps MTC/ABAG, partner agencies and residents of the Bay Area make informed decisions related to land use, transportation, the environment, the economy and equity.
MTC invites you to discover:
- Which freeway is the most congested?
- How many more people ride BART than AC Transit?
- Are potholes worse in my neighborhood than in other communities?
- Which cities and towns are permitting the most housing?
- How does housing affordability compare throughout the region?
- Which neighborhoods are hotspots for displacement risk?
- Has the air become cleaner over time?
- How does the Bay Area compare to other major metro areas?