Allocation Requests & Audits
How to Request Funds
- Refer to the Fund Estimate page to identify funds available for allocation.
- Complete the Application Workbook (XLSX) in order to file a claim for funds.
- Instructions for completing the workbook are also provided.
Please allow approximately 2.5 months for the application workbook to be reviewed and allocation to be made. Allocations are processed once a month and must be received by the first of the month preceding the month of allocation.
- Requests received by September 1 will receive allocations in October.
- Confirmation of allocation will arrive by mid-November.
- Note: The Commission does not meet in August, and allocation requests generally cannot be approved in August.
Submitting Financial Audits to MTC
MTC requests hard copy or electronic submittal of audits. Electronic submissions are preferred.
Submitting Audits Electronically
Cheryl Chi, Funding Policy and Programs
Submitting Audits by Mail
Metropolitan Transportation Commission
Attn: TDA Audit
Bay Area Metro Center
375 Beale Street, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94105
Caltrans has compiled the statutes and regulations related to TDA and STA funds in the TDA Guidebook
Triennial Performance Audits of Transit Operators
The Transportation Development Act (TDA) requires MTC, as the regional transportation planning agency for the Bay Area, to conduct triennial performance audits of transit operators that are allocated TDA funding. Each transit operator is audited every three years. About one-third of the operators are audited each year.
Each transit operator’s most recent TDA Triennial Audit report can be found below.
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
- Fairfield and Suisun Transit
- Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority
- Marin Transit
- City of Union City Transit
- Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Central Contra Costa Transit Authority
- City of Petaluma - Petaluma Transit
- Sonoma County Transit
- City of Santa Rosa - Santa Rosa CityBus
- City of Dixon (Readi-Ride)
- Eastern Contra Costa Transit Authority (ECCTA or Tri Delta Transit)
- Golden Gate Bridge, Highway, and Transportation District (GGBHTD)
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority (NVTA)
- Rio Vista Delta Breeze
- San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans)
- Solano County Transit (SolTrans)
- Vacaville City Coach
- Western Contra Costa Transit Authority (WestCAT)