MTC often looks for new transportation projects and programs in which it can invest federal, state or regional funds.
We do this by issuing a Call for Projects — inviting prospective project sponsors to compete for grants or other funding.
Check this page regularly to learn about upcoming funding opportunities!
Calls for Projects typically are reserved for cities, counties, county congestion management agencies (CMAs), transit agencies or other public agencies that have agreements in place with the California Department of Transportation to receive federal-aid funding. But some Calls for Project are open to nonprofit organizations.
Businesses, nonprofits and community groups often may apply for funding opportunities geared toward public agencies — as long as they team with a public agency willing to serve as the project sponsor. In these cases, the public agency would be the grant recipient, and could then subcontract with the private business or nonprofit.
FY2020-21 through FY2024-25 Transit Capital Priorities (TCP) Call for Projects:
MTC routinely issues Calls for Projects through various funding programs, including:
- Active Transportation Program
- Climate Initiatives Grants
- FTA Section 5307, 5337 and 5339 programs
- FTA Section 5310 and 5311 programs
- Innovative Deployments to Enhance Arterials (IDEA)
- Lifeline Transportation Program
- PASS — Program for Arterial System Synchronization
- Pavement Technical Assistance Program
Closed March 1, 2017: FTA Section 5310 Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program
- Call for Projects--Letter to Eligible Applicants
- Call for Projects for FY 2015, 2016 and 2017 Apportionments
- Eligible Projects
Closed Oct. 31, 2016: Transit Performance Initiative – Investment Program Round 3
Closed Sept. 30, 2016: FY2016-17 through FY 2019-20 Transit Capital Priorities (TCP)