Current Application Period Closed
The PDA Planning Program funds Specific Plans that result in intensified land uses around public transit hubs and bus and rail corridors in the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. Successful applications will propose plans that:
- Increase housing supply, including affordable housing, and jobs;
- Boost transit ridership and reduce vehicle miles traveled (VMT)
- Increase walking, bicycling, carpooling and carsharing by effectively managing parking and driving while promoting multimodal connections; and
- Retain and expand community assets, and locate key services and retail within the planning area.
The PDA Technical Assistance Program provides customized consultant assistance to complete discrete projects that allow a city to overcome specific policy or planning challenges to the adoption or implementation of PDA plans. Examples of eligible projects include:
- Affordable housing and anti-displacement policies
- Design guidelines, form-based codes, and placemaking
- VMT-based transportation impact standards
- Parking and Transportation Demand Management (TDM)
- Infrastructure and housing finance
The PDA Staffing Assistance Program addresses staff reductions that have limited the ability of cities to carry out work critical to implementing PDA Plans and Plan Bay Area. Customized consultant assistance is provided to jurisdictions to complete more complex planning efforts that address similar topics as the Technical Assistance Program. Previous Staffing Assistance grants have supported VMT-based transportation impact standards and Complete Streets standards.
- PDA Planning Grant Application 2017
- PDA Staffing Assistance Application 2017
- PDA Technical Assistance Application 2017
- PDA Call for Applications 2017 Overview
For more information, contact Mark Shorett, PDA Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 820-7994
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com.