Joint ABAG-MTC Governance Committee
The Joint ABAG-MTC Governance Committee was formed to discuss whether MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) should restructure their agencies and consolidate their staff.
A 2017 Memorandum of Understanding between MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) required the agencies to begin discussions by July 2019 on whether MTC and ABAG should restructure their governing boards to better serve the region and to make better use of the agencies’ consolidated staff.
MTC and the ABAG Executive Board established the Joint ABAG-MTC Governance Committee to conduct these discussions. The Committee of six MTC Commissioners and six ABAG Executive Board members held its first meeting in July 2019.
Appointed by ABAG Executive Board
- Jesse Arreguin, ABAG President and Berkeley Mayor
- Belia Ramos, ABAG Vice President and Napa County Supervisor
Appointed by MTC
- Alfredo Pedroza, MTC Chair and Napa Co. Supervisor
- Nick Josefowitz, WETA Board Member and San Francisco Mayor’s Appointee to MTC
- Jim Spering, Solano Co. Supervisor
For assistance, including information on upcoming meetings and joining the email list, please contact:
Fred Castro, Clerk of the Board
Phone: (415) 820-7913