Joint MTC ABAG Legislation Committee
The Joint MTC ABAG Legislation Committee brings together members from MTC and the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) to oversee both agencies’ priorities, policies and positions.
The Joint MTC ABAG Legislation Committee:
- Oversees and develop the agencies’ annual advocacy priorities
- Recommends state and federal positions on legislation to the full governing boards of MTC and ABAG
- Monitors and recommends positions on relevant local and regional ballot measures
- Oversees the agencies’ public information and public participation programs
This 20-member committee consists of nine voting members from each agency and two non-voting members from the former MTC Legislation Committee.
The committee meets the second Friday of each month.
Martha Silver, Executive Office
Phone: (415) 778-6693
- Sam Liccardo, Vice Chair
- Eddie Ahn
- David Canepa
- Damon Connolly
- Carol Dutra‐Vernaci
- Victoria Fleming
- Sam Liccardo
- Alfredo Pedroza
- Libby Schaaf
- Jim Spering
- MTC Non-Voting Member: Dorene M. Giacopini
- MTC Non-Voting Member: Vacant
- Jesse Arreguin, Chair
- Pat Eklund
- Barbara Halliday
- Dave Hudson
- Gordon Mar
- Karen Mitchoff
- David Rabbitt
- Belia Ramos
In May 2020, the Metropolitan Transportation Commission and the ABAG Executive Board took initial steps to consolidate several MTC and ABAG committees, starting with the Legislation Committees.
At the July 22, 2020 Joint ABAG-MTC Governance Committee meeting, committee members voted to recommend consolidation of the two agencies’ legislative committees into a Joint MTC ABAG Legislation Committee.
At a special meeting of the ABAG Executive Board that August, the board disbanded ABAG’s Legislation Committee and approved the new joint committee. The Commission then amended the Commission’s Procedures Manual in order to replace the MTC Legislation Committee with the new joint committee.