The Horizon initiative promotes the exploration of innovative strategies and solutions for issue areas that have been outside of the scope of past Plan Bay Area long-range planning processes. To delve into these topics and identify a toolbox of potential strategies for consideration in Horizon and Plan Bay Area 2050, MTC/ABAG is releasing a series of analyses called Perspective Papers in 2018 and 2019.
The primary objective of each Perspective Paper will be to identify high-impact policies related to that topic area that support the region’s Guiding Principles. To be released at events across the nine-county region, topics will include the following:
- Autonomous vehicles & future mobility: June 2018
- Travel demand management & climate mitigation: September 2018
- Regional growth strategies: December 2018
- Bay crossings: January 2019
- Future of jobs: March 2019
- Regional governance: June 2019
- Design & better buildings: September 2019
Expand your Horizon
MTC and ABAG will host public events to discuss the ideas emerging from each of the Perspective Papers. The first of these events, focused on the Autonomous Vehicles Perspective Paper, was held on June 26, 2018.
Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 5 to 7 p.m.
Bay Area Metro Center, Yerba Buena Conference Room
375 Beale Street San Francisco, CA 94105
- Will Baumgardner, Principal Planner at Arup
- Ratna Amin, Transportation Policy Director at SPUR
- Dan Sperling, Professor at the University of California, Davis
- Bert Kaufman, Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at Zoox