The Horizon initiative promotes the exploration of innovative strategies and solutions for issue areas that have been outside of the scope of past Plan Bay Area long-range planning processes. To delve into these topics and identify a toolbox of potential strategies for consideration in Horizon and Plan Bay Area 2050, MTC and ABAG have released a series of analyses called Perspective Papers in 2018 and 2019.
The primary objective of each Perspective Paper is to identify high-impact policies related to that topic area that support the region’s Guiding Principles. The full list of Perspective Papers can be found below:
Webinar: Horizon Perspective Paper 5 — Bay Crossings
September 20, 2019, 10 AM to 11 AM
The Future of Jobs
Monday, May 20, 2019, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
San Mateo Public Library
55 West 3rd Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94402
Regional Growth Strategies
Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 6 to 8 p.m.
City of Hayward, Council Chambers
777 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541
- William Gilchrist, Planning Director, City of Oakland
- Dan Chatman, Associate Professor of City & Regional Planning, UC-Berkeley
- Mashael Majid, Program Director of Equitable Development, Urban Habitat
Toward a Shared Future: Strategies to Reduce Congestion
Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 6 to 8 p.m.
WeWork Valley Towers
75 East Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
- Jeffrey Ang-Olsen, ICF Consulting
- Asha Weinstein Agrawal, Professor, San Jose State University
- Ramses Madou, Department of Transportation, City of San Jose
- Barbara Laurenson, MTC and ABAG
- Krute Singa, MTC and ABAG
Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 5 to 7 p.m.
Bay Area Metro Center, Yerba Buena Conference Room
375 Beale Street San Francisco, CA 94105
- Will Baumgardner, Principal Planner at Arup
- Ratna Amin, Transportation Policy Director at SPUR
- Dan Sperling, Professor at the University of California, Davis
- Bert Kaufman, Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs at Zoox