The Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s (MTC’s) Express Lanes are operated by the Bay Area Infrastructure Financing Authority (BAIFA), a joint powers authority between MTC and the Bay Area Toll Authority (BATA). As such, policies for MTC’s Express Lanes are approved by BAIFA.
Attention: Proposed Toll Facility Ordinance Amendment
- Proposed Toll Facility Ordinance Amendment
- (Propósito) AUTORIDAD DE FINANCIAMIENTO DE INFRAESTRUCTURA EN EL ÁREA DE LA BAHÍA ORDENANZA DE CAMINOS DE PEAJE
- (目的) 灣區基礎設施融資局 通行費設施法令
MTC is following a public process prior to adoption by BAIFA so the public can learn about the tolling policies proposed in the amendment and provide comments over a 30-day period ending December 18, 2019. All comments must be received by December 18, 2019 at 5 p.m. Comments will be summarized for BAIFA Commissioners prior to an adoption vote. The public process includes:
- Information item at the October 23, 2019 BAIFA meeting;
- Public notice in five Bay Area counties’ major newspapers (Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Solano), plus Spanish and Chinese newspapers, in November 2019
- Online open house for the public to watch a short video to learn about the proposed tolling policies
- Two staffed open houses in the I-880 freeway corridor for one-on-one discussion and the ability to submit written comments:
- December 3, 2019 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Kennedy Community Center; 1333 Decoto Rd; Union City, CA 94587
- December 11, 2019 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.: San Lorenzo Library in the Greenhouse Community Room; 395 Paseo Grande; San Lorenzo, CA 94580
- Ability to submit comments through a short survey (English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese), by mail to MTC’s Public Information Office at 375 Beale Street, Suite 800, San Francisco, CA 94105 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference “BAIFA Toll Ordinance” as the subject.
- Public hearing at the December 18, 2019 BAIFA meeting where members of the public can submit a comment in person to BAIFA
- After a staff presentation, proposed adoption at the January 22, 2020 BAIFA meeting.
Existing Toll Facility Ordinance
The ordinance establishes express lane tolls, a toll collection process and civil penalties for the evasion of those tolls. The ordinance was adopted by BAIFA on July 27, 2016.