The Horizon initiative, in coordination with the upcoming Plan Bay Area 2050 process, included an assessment of the region's major transportation investments to evaluate their impacts on the Bay Area. This effort, known as the Project Performance Assessment, evaluated over 90 projects, including those submitted by public agencies, non-government organizations and the general public.
- Major Projects Update: complete as of summer 2018
- Transformative Projects Solicitation: complete as of fall 2018
- Project Performance Methodology Development: complete as of fall 2018
- Analysis & Model Runs: winter 2019 to fall 2019
- Findings Release: draft findings released in November 2019; final findings expected in January 2020
- High-Performers Process: fall 2019
- Integration into the Plan Bay Area 2050 Blueprint: winter 2020
In November 2019, MTC/ABAG released the draft findings from the Project Performance Assessment. Staff will continue to refine these findings through January 2020 at which time the Project Performance Assessment will be complete.