Innovative Deployments to Enhance Arterials Shared Automated Vehicles (IDEA SAV)
MTC’s Innovative Deployments to Enhance Arterials Shared Automated Vehicles (IDEA SAV) Program assists public agencies with deploying Shared Automated Vehicle (SAV) solutions to improve transit service and equity. The program provides both technical assistance and a funding opportunity for Bay Area cities, counties and transit agencies.
Shared automated vehicles (SAVs) present a possible future in which shared, driverless vehicles safely get people from place to place, giving people better access to safer, greener transportation.
As the number of automated vehicles grows, new challenges may arise, both for transportation agencies and for travelers.
To help Bay Area cities, counties and transit agencies prepare for shared, automated vehicle technology, MTC has launched the IDEA SAV technical assistance grant program to fund SAV technology pilot/deployment projects. This funding and assistance will support innovative shared automated vehicle service for people living in Equity Priority Communities, people with disabilities and people in Disadvantaged Communities.
View the February 11, 2022 Operations Committee memo to see the projects that were awarded IDEA SAV grants.
IDEA SAV Mailing List
For more information and to be added to the outreach list, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- First and last name
- Job title
- Organization name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Type of organization (public, private, nonprofit, etc.)
- Services provided by the organization
This information will be used for MTC outreach purposes, as well as for future IDEA SAV program workshops.
Request For Information (RFI) Workshops
The 90 minute RFI workshops will review summary information of the five Stage 1 project proposals received from the applicant agencies listed below, and seek feedback on the project concepts. The intent of the two, identically formatted, RFI workshops is to:
- Inform project selection
- Assist with the refining of project concepts through the 2-stage IDEA SAV application process
- Generate discussion and awareness of planned technology deployments
The RFI Workshops are not appropriate venues for advocating for particular programs or technology solutions.
Contact IDEASAV@bayareametro.gov with questions regarding the workshops.
IDEA SAV Stage 1 Lead Agency Applicants
- County of Santa Clara
- San Francisco Transportation Authority, as the Treasure Island Mobility Agency
- Contra Costa Transportation Authority
- Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority (in partnership with the City of Dublin)
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
Request for Information Workshop 1
August 17, 2021, 2:30-4:00 p.m. PST
- Request for Information Workshop 1: Meeting Presentation Deck with Mentimeter Reponses
- Request for Information Workshop 1: Participants
- Request for Information Workshop 1: Video Recording
Request for Information Workshop 2
August 18, 2021, 9-10:30 a.m. PST
- Request for Information Workshop 2: Meeting Presentation Deck with Mentimeter Reponses
- Request for Information Workshop 2: Participants
- Request for Information Workshop 2: Video Recording